Saturday, November 08, 2008

So Long to the Scudder Interregnum

I'm going one further - given that this is the end of an era for our country (and for me, with much less global significance but more direct personal impact), I have decided to change the title of my blog. I'm currently absorbed in Doris Kearns Goodwin's biography of the Roosevelts during WWII and can't help reflecting on this time of crisis offering both grave danger and perhaps unprecedented opportunity for our President-elect. And coming out here to Pennsylvania for a new life with a new job and partner is bringing me daily challenges and rewards that I never anticipated as a postdoc despite my aspirations.

This is no ordinary time. Let's make the most of it.

1 comment:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Nice! I really like the new name.